Bobtail road tankers are chassis-mounted transportation tanks, mainly used for distribution of LPG to domestic or industrial bulk customers or autogas service stations. Our manufacturing standards are ADR, TPED, EN 12252, EN 12493. Upon customer's requirement, design and manufacturing can be done according to ASME, CODAP or other standards. Tank capacities are determined by truck model and capacity; standard sizes are as shown at the right side.
Bobtails are equipped with a delivery pump and LPG meter is optional.
Available options for pump drive :
1- From truck's PTO by hydraulic drive
2- From truck's PTO by shaft
3- Electric motor
Akvia will determine the right configuration and select the right equipment, depending on his experience, the customer's requirements, the truck's specifications, and the local market conditions.
LPG bobtail with a meter can manage the following tasks:
1) LPG transfer through the meter and the hose reel,
2) LPG transfer through the pump, but not the meter,
3) Unloading LPG from the other tank, transferring into the bobtail,
4) Transferring LPG from another tank, into a different tank.
Akvia is an experienced superstructure manufacturer and follows the procedures and guidelines given by the truck manufacturers during the bobtail assembly. Our practices guarantee a safe and quality ride and will not pose a negative effect on truck components.
- Manufacturing and testing of the tanks are made under the supervision of an independent inspection body.
- Fine-grain pressure vessel steels are used for manufacturing the tanks. Metallurgical and mechanical properties of the steels are tested and verified.
- All welded joints are tested according to the manufacturing standard. A combination of X-ray, ultrasonic, dye penetrant and magnetic particle tests are utilized.
- After manufacturing, all tanks are subjected to a hydrostatic pressure test. After this test, the connections of tank accessories are tested against leaks, using nitrogen.
- Tanks are sandblasted and coated with premium quality paints. The right type and thickness combination of primer, undercoat and top coating are determined according to the above-ground or under-ground service. Akvia quality will offer the highest performance during the whole service life of the tank.
- Akvia's transportation tank designs and assembly details conform to international standards and the truck manufacturer's procedures and guidelines.
Akvia's Design Principles Are:
- Vehicle safety
- Ride quality
- Self eliminating of operator faults
- Operational reliability
- High performance
- Low maintenance
- Durability and long-life
- Total economy
- Health and safety of operators and other people
- Environmental impact